What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Battle in Outer Space - 1959

We went to space for movie night. We were wondering what was happening in the preview, and when it started, we just let it play. That was probably a mistake.

Some aliens are peeved at the humans and are making weird things happen. A railroad bridge levitates, a ship is destroyed by a waterspout, and random guys are getting implants in their brains to become slaves of the aliens.

But hope isn't totally gone! There are some random people sent into space to combat the aliens. They have Oscar Meyer Weineromobiles and heat rays. Unfortunately, one of the crew members has an implant.

This movie was nutty and incredibly boring. They show way too much walking, and the brief glimpse we get of the aliens is underwhelming. They're also really easy to get away from and are terrible at hand-to-hand combat.

The single redeeming quality of this movie was the names of the ships. Honestly, how do you think you'd pronounce SPIP? Everyone was calling it "Speep." Other than that, everything was weird, and it was a long hour and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment