What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Sunday, August 9, 2026

The Brain from Planet Arous - 1957

It took a couple of minutes to choose our candidate for movie night, but I was interested in the "rival brains" mentioned in the synopsis.

Steve and Dan head to Mystery Mount(ain) to check out random, intermittent radiation alerts. They're attacked by a giant brain from the planet Arous, and Dan is killed. Steve's body is taken over by Gor, our evil brain.

Val also comes from his planet to capture Gor. He needs a body to inhabit, and Sally (Steve's finace) doesn't want her father to volunteer. To his credit, the man agreed to everything. He was the most agreeable man I've ever seen. He took everything in stride, and nothing phased him. Since Sally is whining about her dad helping, Val inhabits George's body. George is a white shepherd and a good boy. FYI, George is not harmed during the film.

This movie was funny. I saw they used contact lenses with metal foil to create the creepy effect on Steve's eyes. That doesn't sound pleasant at all. I laughed so hard when I saw the brains. They were cute, and the eyes on them conveyed a "meh" attitude. The ending was insane and confusing. Did Val just leave after Gor was defeated? I think watching the "fight" scene was the best part. Gor is just floating around while Steve chops at his fissure of Rolando. Crazy.

Out of the three of us, I think I enjoyed it the most. I loved how confusing and silly it was. I'm giving it a Good Movie! review. 

RIP Dan...

No comments:

Post a Comment