What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Friday, July 5, 2024

Elysium - 2013

My husband and I were searching for something to watch together. He's not into movies without color, and he doesn't appreciate movies that are bad in a good way. We scrolled for a while until we came across this movie. We had no idea what to expect when we put it on.

In the future, the world is gross. It's polluted, overpopulated and all the poor people live on it. The rich people are floating on a huge space station (Elysium), which actually looks pretty cool. It's also able to be seen from Earth. Max is trying to work and keep his head down when an accident gives him five days to live. With nothing left to lose, he risks it all to get on Elysium where he can be healed. They have these things where people can lay in them and magically be healed. The poor people on Earth are just out of luck.

I thought the movie was pretty good for being a blind pick. There were a few things that I didn't understand, but whatever. I think of the weirdest stuff. Like when Max got the "armor," I was stuck on the fact he was stuck wearing that shirt forever now. The end was supposed to be happy I guess, but I think they just made the overpopulation problem worse. But woohoo! People are healed!! Anyway, if I don't stare at the plot too closely, I'll give this one a Good Movie! review for entertainment value.



No comments:

Post a Comment