I was in the mood for some monster mayhem while I split my focus with my cross-stitching, so we picked the movie with giant locust grasshoppers. One of the things I learned from this movie was that a locust is a short-horned grasshopper. Not every grasshopper can turn into a locust, though. They have to be special and have a lust for destruction. The things you learn!
Our movie starts with a smooching couple getting attacked by something. The police come upon the carnage and say it was an accident. Not five minutes later, they're calling it a homicide. Nearby, the town of Ludlow, not too far from Chicago, has disappeared. Actually, it looks like tornado footage, but whatever. An annoying reporter puts her nose in the story, and with the help of Peter Graves, they discover that the large vegetables and fruits he's been growing created huge locusts. These locusts are hungry for blood, and they're eventually headed for a postcard of Chicago. Then, they "climb" on the buildings making an irritating noise.
This movie was weird. I hated the noise the locusts made, and when they were trying to rile up the captured one, I thought I would lose my mind. Peter Graves and the woman just had no time to try and help anyone. I swear they watching at least two people get eaten, and they just went about their merry way.
This is one of those movies I'm glad I saw once, but I don't think I'll be watching it again. They reused bits of footage here and there, and it was so close to the first time that you couldn't help noticing. I was really bummed when they killed Frank. Was it his fault he died? Sort of. I mean, he could've tried to run, but he just stood there. Anyway, if you're bored, this is some good background noise.

No comments:
Post a Comment