What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

4D Man - 1959

I love to pick random movies off Tubi. I've been "fortunate" to find some real gems, but I've also found a lot of "what the heck did I just watch." I randomly picked this one, because it sounded awesome.

Tony is performing experiments after hours when he accidentally sets the building on fire. Now that he's out of a job, he decides to visit his brother, Scott. After the reunion, he steals Scott's girlfriend. Later on, she says she doesn't love him, but it's still pretty cruddy of Tony to go around kissing and falling in love with the woman his brother loves. I mean seriously, Linda asked Tony if he loved her the day after they met! Maybe it wasn't the day after, but it really looked like it.

Anyway, Tony's experiment is piercing a thick piece of metal with a pencil. They're sharing atoms or something, so it's 4D. Once Scott finds out about his brother's betrayal, he messes around with the equipment and gets his hand stuck in a piece of metal. Later, we find out he did it by sheer willpower, and the whole force field thing wasn't even necessary. Scott's brain is just wired to be 4D I guess.

Now, here's the interesting bit. Putting your hand through things, and eventually your whole body, apparently ages you. Who knew? How do you fix that? You touch someone when your "powers" are active and steal their lifeforce! Duh!

So, now Scott is a fugitive. He's murdering people left and right so he can keep walking though walls. He does get revenge on a couple people, but when he's on the run, he takes out some random people to recharge. The end was super weird. Betrayed by a woman? No way! But...did Scott survive? Was he behind the Cargonite? Do I care?

There's one part of this movie I haven't mentioned yet, and that's the music. It's what I would call aggressive jazz. I swear, it was so loud at times, it was hard to focus on what was happening in the film. Other times, it didn't seem to match the mood. 

Overall, I have to say this wasn't the worst way to spend an hour and a half. It took forever for Scott to go 4D, and I wasn't fond of anyone in the film, but it was goofy enough to amuse me. If it didn't have the distracting music, I could see myself throwing it on for background noise while I did other things. Decent Movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment