What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Sunday, July 28, 2024

Snowed Inn Christmas - 2017

Movie night! We decided on some more Hallmark bingo. Well, this isn't officially Hallmark, but you get the idea. We had a bit of luck last week, but my daughter picked this one because she was tired of me "complaining" I needed my 'quaint lodge/inn' square. I can't help it that my inn square is in a strategically inconvenient location!

Two completely different journalists are sent to Aspen to fight for their job at a magazine. It's weird, because the boss claims she's sending her two best writers, but only one of them will have a job afterwards. Umm, what? Moving on...

Jenna is extremely organized and neat. Kevin is unorganized and a slob. These people are extreme, even though most people fall somewhere in between. I mean, Kevin is loud and unruly on the plane. He even takes off his shoe right in Jenna's face. Anyway, a weird storm causes their plane to land in Santa Claus, Indiana. The storm is so bad, there is no way in or out of Aspen for days! 

They end up at the Winters Inn, a building where Christmas itself threw up inside. I mean, it worked out great for us, we all ended up with multiple bingos. But that place was something else. And it had obvious Santa and Mrs. Claus running it. Not even subtle. Anyway, Kevin and Jenna fall in love in three days, save the Inn, and Christmas is the best day ever!

The plot itself was a bit unbelievable, but it wasn't one of the worst ones. I just want to mention the weather. I spent ten years in Indiana. You're not wandering around outside in the middle of the night in December without shivering or seeing your breath. Also, those pajamas? Not warm enough...

I'm letting this one slide. They fell in "love" in three days. Really? At least they didn't get engaged. I give it props for giving us so many squares on our bingo cards. This movie had a lot of fringe things we hadn't seen in a long time (stranding), so I liked it for that. I'm not sure I'd give it a Good Movie! review on its own merits, but my opinion can be swayed by bingo. There's been a drought around here, and it was a good night. Bingo Movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment