What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Sunday, July 14, 2024

A Nanny for Christmas - 2010

It's been a while since we've played Hallmark Bingo, so we picked this movie and got ready to play! Since Dean Cain was in this one, Mom wanted to see what he looked like. Unfortunately, that led us to the next hour and a half.

Okay, so a woman loses her job at an advertising firm, because she didn't know their client was left at the altar. Dean Cain has a hissy fit and keeps repeating, "MY WEDDING?!" fifteen times before storming out of the office. Weird. So, Ally asks her friend to see if she can hook her up with a job at this other lady's company. Due to some weird mix-up, she ends up being hired as a nanny. Instead of clearing things up, she goes with it. She promises to follow the weird, strict rules of the woman's house, but then proceeds to break literally all of them. She also wraps up the kids in her life of lying...

Ah, the lies. They start for no reason and continue for the same. She meets "raspberry scone man" AKA Justin, and immediately lies about who she is. Instead of just telling him she's the nanny, she says she works for the New York office for the husband. But...WHY?! She claims (later) she thought being a nanny wouldn't be enough for a bigtime executive, but she didn't know who he was when she met him. Garbage. This man deserves better for sure. For some reason, everyone forgives Ally at the end of the movie after her half-hearted apologies, which made me angry. And can we discuss the dad for just two seconds? This man doesn't care when the kids are upset he won't be there for Christmas, but an email from someone he's never met gets him on a plane home? And he shows up with a puppy he's trying to suffocate in a plastic tub?! You know they make carriers for those?! Or at least put some air holes in there...GAH!

And the icing on the crap cake that is this movie. When I went to find the cover, I found this travesty. Justin isn't even on the cover!!! I know they didn't even introduce an element of romance until after 1/3 of the way through the movie, but still. Give the man some respect. They put the kids on the cover! They put Dean Cain on the cover! And he was a strange Danny Donner chocolate man with a quick temper who showed up at the other company's Christmas party!

I wish Ally had left for Ohio before anyone called her. I love Ohio, and the state didn't deserve her, but Justin definitely deserves better! This movie was terrible. It should have been accidentally lost before anyone released it, and I wish the best for Justin. Everyone else in the movie is terrible and should leave him alone. Trash movie!

PS - No Bingos with this one...not even close.



No comments:

Post a Comment