What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Thursday, May 25, 2023

The Woman in the Window - 1944

An ordinary family man gets wrapped up in a murder plot when he meets a beautiful woman. He admired her portrait in a shop window, and when he goes back to her apartment, it ends in the murder of a man she knows. He now has to cover up what’s happened or risk his comfortable life.

My question is: why didn’t they call the police? This is never a good idea, and I can’t understand their reasoning in going through all this when a phone call would have been a much better choice. But then…THEN! Here’s the worst part – it’s not even real. None of it was real. It was all a stupid dream. I hate cop outs like this. The movie pulled the rug out from under me and made me instantly hate the movie. Oh, and it’s a dream over multiple days. DAYS. Have you had a dream that spanned a week? I haven’t. I guess you can say it’s like the Wizard of Oz, but Dorothy got smacked on the head, and this dude just fell asleep…

This is based on a novel, so it would be interesting to find out if they changed the ending. Maybe someday I’ll find out. In the meantime, I’ll avoid watching this again for fun. It was infuriating.



No comments:

Post a Comment