What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

12 Angry Men - 1957

I’ve read a great deal about this movie. I want to make it known that I despise jury duty. I’ve never had great luck with it, so it’s a personal thing for me. But, saying that, I avoid courtroom movies/shows for the most part due to my aversion.

In this movie, a jury is deciding the fate of a young man who is charged with murder. It all seems very straightforward until one man decides to hold out for a not guilty verdict. That sets into motion a series of discussions where this one man calmly and logically talks to the others to find out why they’re voting the way they are and give them the opportunity to change his mind.

I was impressed by this movie, more by the fact that it’s practically in the same set for the entire runtime. And it doesn’t get stale. It really is a great movie, and I hate juries! It’s all the more impressive as it was the director’s film debut. Good Movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment