What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Christmas Getaway - 2017

It was our last movie night before taking my daughter back to college. We got out our bingo cards and started the movie.

A travel writer is trying to experience an "old-fashioned" Christmas, aka a normal Christmas, because she hasn't had one in many years. She's always traveling. She ends up in a small town where she meets a man with a daughter. I don't remember anyone's names, and I don't really care enough to look it up.

The woman was irritating. She couldn't pass up a chance to mention somewhere she'd been. I joked that if you took a shot every time she mentioned a place she'd been, you'd die. When she was "experiencing" Christmas, she was so focused on the pictures, she was posing and asking the child to take the photos. She also entertained the child by sitting her down with an iPad slideshow of her travel photos...wow.

Anyway, the woman feels like she might be ready to settle down, and the man is ready to love again now that he's done mourning his dead wife. It hasn't been that long since I watched it, but the movie didn't make much of an impression on me. The only thing I remember for sure is the scene where we heard an airplane noise, and when people looked out the window, someone had just driven up.

We got some bingos out of the movie, but that's probably the only positive thing I can say about this movie. It was pretty cookie cutter, and nothing really helped it stand out from the others.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment