What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Saturday, July 20, 2024

Dante's Inferno (An Animated Epic) - 2010

I saw this movie when I was randomly scrolling. I remember watching my husband play the video game for this, so I was interested to see it.

The plot is pretty straightforward. Dante's beloved Beatrice is taken to Hell because he betrayed her. He then travels through the Circles aided by the spirit Virgil. He will defeat many foes to get to his beloved and face Lucifer himself.

I really liked this one. It is rated R for a reason. It's pretty gory, and there's plenty of nudity in there. The thing that was driving me crazy was Dante's voice. It seemed familiar, so I had to look it up. He was Dijkstra on The Witcher. He also made a couple of appearances on the show Lucifer (appropriate). 

This one earns a Good Movie! seal. Good watch for sure. I'm drawn to this dark stuff for some reason...



No comments:

Post a Comment