What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Sunday, July 21, 2024

A Christmas Kiss II - 2014

Last night was movie night. We decided to do some "Hallmark" bingo. In this case, it was technically MarVista bingo. I wasn't in charge of picking the movie. My confidence was low after The Nanny Christmas affair. This is a sequel, which we didn't know when we started it. On the list, it was called Another Christmas Kiss. Afterwards we looked into the first one, A Christmas Kiss, and we're pretty sure we've seen that one as well.

In this movie, a workaholic woman gets trapped in an elevator with a creep. Cooper snatches a kiss in the elevator (who is the weirdo that put mistletoe in an elevator?), and Jenna is into it. Later, she finds out the stranger she kissed is her boss's brother. After that, it's the usual formula.

Except...Sebastian! He is the highlight of this movie and makes it watchable. He's the coolest best friend to Jenna and always has her back. Whether it's pretending to be Jenna's boyfriend or pointing out Cooper's issues to him, Sebastian doesn't hold back. I think all of us cared more about Sebastian than anyone else. We wanted closure for Sebastian - Abby and a job.

And then there was this weird woman that kept popping up. We assumed she was part of the first movie, and after a bit of looking, she was the snooty high-level exec from the first movie. I hope she treats Helmut well. He was our other favorite character.

Only one of us got a bingo, and the movie itself was a bit of a slog when Sebastian wasn't around. Cooper had a frog smile and was a bit slimy. He bothered me, and I hated how he had so much confidence pushing his way into Jenna's life. And what was up with Jenna's dad? He was all about treating her like crap until Cooper did...what? He just pops up at the end. I'm guessing Cooper kidnapped her dad. It reminded me of the stupid nanny movie. Why do these men not care when their kids are upset, but when a stranger contacts them out of the blue, they suddenly have a conscience?



No comments:

Post a Comment