What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Friday, January 26, 2024

The Thing from Another World - 1951

I wanted to watch a monster movie, and I knew this was a classic. After I'd watched a bit of it, I remembered I'd seen it before.

A scientist in the Arctic has made the discovery of a lifetime. An alien aircraft has landed, but the military man in charge has blown it up. The military man, for some reason, is nervous about the alien body they've brought back to the camp. I don't know why he's afraid the creature will murder someone. Oh wait. The alien does want to murder people, because he needs blood to live on. I mean, he murders some dogs. So, that immediately makes me Team Kill the Alien. And so is the military man.

The scientist is Team Make More Aliens. He takes some of the spores (apparently this thing is like a regenerating vegetable?) and creates his own little veggie patch of spore babies that pulse with joy when fed plasma. He also thinks the alien will love him once he understands that the scientist is trying to help him. Of course he will.

The movie was enjoyable, and I had some fun with it. I don't think it's going to be one of my favorites, but it wasn't a waste of time. Good Movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment