What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Fury - 2014

Fury is a film that was getting ready to leave Tubi, and I was interested in the premise.

A new assistant driver is added to the tank named Fury. As I've seen with war teams in other companies (including flight crews and infantry), it takes time for the new guy to prove himself. In this case, the new guy has a tougher time since he was supposed to be typing somewhere, not cooped up in a glorified tin can.

Even though the Americans are pushing toward Berlin, the German tanks are still superior. Through each conflict, it seems like the American tank company gets smaller and smaller. At the end, it's a "last stand" scenario with a single survivor.

The film was pretty gory, and it was interesting to see a few of the actors doing serious roles (Shia LeBeouf and Michael Peña). When we're talking about the story itself, I was entertained, but it's not a feel-good film, and I don't see myself watching it again. If you asked me halfway through to rank it, I would have given it a good review. The end just bugs me for some reason. I'm sitting middle of the road on this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment