What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Saturday, July 29, 2023

Combat America - 1943/1945

This hour-long movie was filmed in 1943 but was released in January 1945. Thus the dual date in the title.

Clark Gable narrates and was the man behind the scenes in this film that was focused on aerial gunnery. It follows the 351st bombardment group as it goes to England and flies missions over Belgium, France and Germany.

The last 15 minutes are centered around a single mission, since the first 45 show events from the ground. I found the footage fascinating, but it's not for everyone. My grandfather was a pilot in WWII, so things like this interest me. 

I think this film would appeal to people who are interested in WWII aviation or the way things operated during that particular time. I'll give it a Good Movie! review, but not everyone will agree. And that's okay!



No comments:

Post a Comment