What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Monday, June 19, 2023

The Incident - 1967

I heard about this one through an article about classic thriller movies. It's based on a teleplay called Ride of Terror that was made into a TV movie in 1963.

Two hoodlums (one of them Martin Sheen in his first film appearance) are up to no good. Various people come together on a subway car when they discover they're in the wrong car. The hoodlums arrive and just start terrorizing the passengers. They start with the unconscious bum but soon move on to literally everyone else. Anyone that tries to stand up to him gets put in their place. It takes them approaching the four-year-old girl for someone to finally do something. And then it's only the one person.

A fight ensues, and the hero gets injured. The train finally stops, and "help" arrives. At first, they try to arrest the African American man, then they pick up the criminals and leave the train. The poor stabbed man is just left on the floor. Finally, his friend scrapes him up off the floor. When the hero asks, "where were you?" the answer was just "it happened so fast." Um, no, sir. You were a coward and so was everyone on this train. The man with a broken arm had to step up by himself...sad.

There was some language in there and some sexual innuendos. I was begging someone to do something, but especially at the end. They definitely outnumbered the two hoodlums, so if they had stood together instead of approaching them one at a time like video game enemies, they would have overpowered them much sooner. I'd like to think it wouldn't take that long today for people to stand together against evil, but I'm not so sure. People would probably pull out their phones and yell, "someone call the police!" if they saw something happen...

Anyway, it was a decent movie, but it was frustrating. I don't feel the need to watch it again since it was so infuriating, but I will give it credit for being a Good Movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment