What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Friday, April 28, 2023

Went the Day Well - 1942

I heard about this movie when I did a bit of research on The Eagle Has Landed. I skimmed my way through that movie, so I wanted to see if I’d like this any better. In this movie, truckloads of Germans invade a small town in England. They soon have the town under their control, or so they believe. But these townspeople aren’t going to just stand by as they are picked off one by one. What they don’t realize is that they have a traitor in their midst.

I really enjoyed this one, and I couldn’t wait for it to end. By that I mean I wanted to know what happened as soon as possible. I didn’t want to see more of the townspeople suffer, and I wanted the traitor to get found out. The time flew by, and I found myself yelling at the screen a few times when an escape attempt didn’t work, or there was a close call.

The movie is based on a Graham Greene short story, The Lieutenant Died Last, and I hope one day to read it. A scary scenario for sure. There’s one young woman that I really felt sorry for. She lost her father, and she was attracted to the traitor. I don’t know how she’d ever trust anyone after that. I really enjoyed this movie, and I give it a Good Movie! Rating.



No comments:

Post a Comment