What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Friday, July 19, 2024

Fenomenal and the Treasure of Tutankamen - 1968

On the hunt for more heroes for our cinematic universe. I also love Egyptian treasures, so this movie intrigued me.

A group of thieves steal the mask of Tutankamen [sic]. There's a man trying to get the mask back, and the thieves are starting to take each other out.

This movie was probably the least enjoyable of the ones I've seen so far. I started out seeing a man all in black, apparently wearing dress pants and a belt as well, taking people out on a boat. Then the news was praising Fenomenal for the drug bust. After that was a booooring theft attempt that went on for like 15 minutes. Fenomenal was present at the theft of the actual mask and just watched. Not sure what that was about.

He was a normal dude. No special powers. Also, he was barely in it. He would punch people here and there, and then he'd disappear. I guess he smuggled himself to Tunisia in the roof of the plane? I don't know. There were a couple moments I found amusing, like when he was standing on the shore in his black outfit with a "disguise." The other one was when one of the thieves was trying to double cross another. The dude pushed the guy in the wheelchair into the ocean. Hilarious. (He was fine. He was faking, so it's fine.)

Other than those two moments, I wasn't having a good time. Fenomenal isn't a superhero. He kept getting punched, which is fine, but a lot of times it didn't make sense. For instance, at the sauna (?) there was this huge fight where none of the women left, and I never did understand why they were fighting. Pass. So disappointing...the poster on Tubi was so intriguing!


Poster on Tubi


No comments:

Post a Comment