What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Terror Squad - 1987

So, I found out about this one from a YouTube video. In this house, we're suckers for bad movies. Only the ones we find entertaining, of course.

The plot of this movie is insane. Some terrorists want to take revenge on America, so they decide to cross over from Canada and land in...Indiana! That's just the tip of the iceberg with the absurdity in this movie. Then, they try to take over a nuclear power plant (their plan sucks) and then there's a super long car chase. Eventually, they end up at a high school and take hostages. For some reason they don't want to kill them, even though they've straight murdered tons of innocents up until now. Add to this an incompetent chief of police (he's got to be the worst chief in history), and we have the perfect combination for excitement!

I LOVED this movie. Mom, on the other hand, was incredibly frustrated at the ineptitude on display, and also the portrayal of her beloved Rifleman (Chuck Connors), that she claimed it to be the worst thing she'd ever seen. I'm not fooled, she was laughing too...

The explosions were amazing. It wasn't just one thing, either. Everything in this town was full of nitroglycerin or something. Even the water tower and the people. The end was also just great. What happened to the last student from the Breakfast Club? (dating myself here) You're not supposed to ask. And where are the police? There were 1,000 of them earlier, but at the epic climax of the movie (just make sure you're paying attention to the buses), there is not one policeman - not even Chuck (I don't remember his character name, we just kept shouting, "don't let Chuck help" and "Chuck, NOOOO!").

Anyway, I love ridiculous movies with explosions. I still think Chuck was either in league with the terrorists or he secretly wanted to join them. I had a blast with this one! Great Movie!

Why would you choose to cross the Canadian border this way!?



No comments:

Post a Comment