What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Dial M for Murder - 1954

This was another movie I needed to rewatch so I could get my thoughts down for future reference. I remembered a lot of this one. It's an Alfred Hitchcock and has Grace Kelly in it. I have to admit to being somewhat jealous to how good she looked when she came out of prison.

Tony has given up playing tennis, so he has too much time on his hands. His wife, Margot, was having an affair with an American crime-writer, and now he's planning the perfect murder. I mean, he doesn't want to be left without her money. That would be tragic for him. He's very confident in his plan. He's even got an accomplice lined up!

The thing about perfect murders is they don't really happen. Tony thinks he has it all figured out, but Margot is stronger than he thinks, and she survives. The accomplice dies, but now a lot of details need to be explained. Tony flexes his brain, maybe a little too much. I want to mention the inspector since he was amazing. The crime-writer is involved with the investigation, and he becomes important later.

I remember liking this one before, and I liked it again. Once the movie started, it all came flooding back. For some reason, the title didn't immediately connect to the story for me. The acting in this one was pretty good. I liked the Hitchcock cameo, and the whole movie was just worth my time. Good Movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment