What's this about?

Lately, it seems like many of the movies/shows are just a rehash or reboot of things that have already been done. And so I started to dive into the past. It's been fun, but I find myself losing track of which ones I’ve seen and whether or not I enjoyed them. Sometimes the titles themselves just don't tell me enough to remember.

I wouldn’t have voluntarily watched a lot of these movies when I was younger. It’s strange how interests change. That goes for what I read, too. I have another blog that explores books. I’m mostly reading older fiction and memoirs, and some of the books have led me to movies/shows and vice versa. In those cases, I may post the book review over here as well.

There will be spoilers, which is different than my book reviews. That’s mostly because I want to have enough information to help me remember what I’ve seen. I’m getting older. The brain doesn’t cooperate like it used to. What can I say? The gray hairs are catching up with me!

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Strangers on a Train - 1951

I've heard the scenario used in this movie multiple times, but I'd never actually seen the original. This is an Alfred Hitchcock movie and even has his daughter, Pat (Patricia), in it.

Most people already know what this movie is about. But just in case...Guy is on a train when he meets Bruno. The man is a little strange, but Guy can't seem to get away from him. Bruno shares his idea for the perfect murder, and Guy brushes it off as nonsense. Soon, he discovers that Bruno was 100% serious.

The characters did a great job in their roles. I was worried Guy wasn't going to find a solution since Bruno was such a nut. I understood why Guy didn't go to the police, but I wasn't sure how it was all going to turn out.

RIP to the carousel. I was so excited at first to see an important part of the finale was on a carousel, but then they destroyed it. And with it went my heart. I LOVE carousels, so that was a hard moment to watch.

I really did like this movie. I kept checking how much time was left. There are only two reasons I do that. The first is that I can't wait for it to be over. The other is that I want it to be over so I can find out what happens. And this movie falls under the latter. The tension ramped up so well I was getting nervous. Good Movie!



No comments:

Post a Comment